Monday 16 February 2015

The Furnace Proves The Metal

The LORD said to me, "I have made you like a metal assayer to test my people like ore.  You are to observe them and evaluate how they behave."  I reported "...............
Jeremiah 6:27-29




It was in July 1987 that I closed my eyes and prayed to Jesus:  "Lord, make me who You want me to be, regardless of the cost."  When I did this, there was a raging storm from the Antarctic.  The road was twisty, up a narrow gorge and awash with water as there was a cloudburst.  The river down below was raging like a stampede of wild steers. On this narrow, dangerous road, snaking around numerous short bends hugging the cliff face, that was what I had prayed. With my eyes closed. Religiously so.


I signed the cheque, He cashed it!


A series of Job experiences would follow. Job was tested twice, Chapter 1 tells of the first time but the rest of the book tells of the second and final tremendous trial that Job had undergone.  He would end up having God's favour where others had not.


Since 2003, my family and I trekked and we are at stage 39 thereof.  We were sent, without purse, to the houses of others, to the churches of others.  At each stage, there was a specific project in terms of someone needed Truth to be told to.  At only two of these 39 stages did we find obedience to God and only one of these two was a reborn Christian!  At 35 of the other addresses, all reborn Christians, two things were absent despite all the religiosity:  willingness to obey our Lord Jesus in a practical step-by-step way and the others were deeds of faith.  We were even asked to leave one very upbeat, almost charismatic church because we had "too much faith."


As we were broke and homeless, everybody saw us as failures of Christianity instead of humbled to be sent into their homes to bring the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  It is so typical of Christians to do just that and even recently on Google+ I had to endure much ridicule and mockery - one even sent me a "coin and a bread in faith" when I was fighting hypoglycemic coma from simply being hungry.  It was a medical emergency with my life in danger but all help was withdrawn because I committed the sin of speaking harshly after weeks of asking nicely. 


God's instruction to me was to come here and "eat what they sit before you."  We were sent to Google+ to test the love of the proclaiming Christian.  I was sent as a tester of the vociferously proclaimed faith.  It is not by laziness that I am hungry but by being disabled and living in an country with well over 500 racial discriminatory laws.  Our Lord took me up on my blank cheque and sent me in as a lamb among the wolves.  My critics on Google+ were being tested and they failed dismally.  Each and every ONE of them had NO LOVE in their hearts.


My report back to Jesus is that His warning of America being split is justified, as I did not find faith there.  I found much talk of it.  What I did find much of, was an acute lack of His Love. His Love is only visible when man delivers it, as He had come to set the example of Himself.


Since 2000, I have worked at rebuilding His Kingdom, as per my calling in Isaiah 23:18 and Isaiah 45:14.  He had set me up with concessions for diamonds and gold to be mined for profits, which was meant for funding global evangelism. One after the other, the American Christian "investors" came, greedy and selfish, then walked away.  Now it is given to Chinese who do not serve God and the African Christians remain poor.  It is not of laziness that my family are poor, but because of the many Christians who are no Christians at all, as they did not seek His counsel but made their own decisions.


On Google+, It had taken over three weeks to find someone willing to even pray for a soul in distress down in Florida, USA.  I politely requested, then changed my tone and became firmer. Yet it was only when the sledgehammer did not work and the wrecking ball came out, that a few eventually started paying attention.  This is an experience in keeping with American Christianity that I still cannot get used to after two decades of this unloving unkindness.


For His church but also to help stimulate the American economy for the benefit of Christianity, we as a family slept in the open, we had our sleeping bags and clothing all wet, sometimes the water ran four inches deep. Subsequent to that, we were persecuted in ways not dissimilar to that in the former USSR, but by churches here in my city!  Today, we are impoverished, spent, having to battle seven days per week for a nation lacking the spine to even pray for their own.  Unlike the Americans on Google+, me, the man from Africa, engaged in intercession for their people when they were so busy bragging how Christian they are that they did not even hear when their own called fro help.

Please, where is the sanity?  Don't you see there is work to be done?  If talking nicely does not help, what do we need to restore the church of Acts?  Does our Lord first have to shake your world to get your attention?


..............I reported, "All of them are the most stubborn of rebels! They are as hard as bronze or iron. They go about telling lies. They all deal corruptly.   29 The fiery bellows of judgment burn fiercely. But there is too much dross to be removed. The process of refining them has proved useless. The wicked have not been purged.   30 They are regarded as 'rejected silver' because the LORD rejects them."

Idea:  "Once saved, always saved"

Reality:   "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord, will enter into the kingdom of heaven - only the one who does the will of my Father in heaven. 2 On that day, many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, didn't we prophesy in your name, and in your name cast out demons and do many powerful deeds?'  23 Then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you. Go away from me, you lawbreakers!'